AI in Fintech
Machine Learning in Banking
- Event Unit
- | Investment Management
Thanks for your participation!
The above event has been completed successfully. Please look forward to the upcoming events.
Want to read more about the event recap?
- Date & time
- 19Mar 2018 (Mon)19:00 - 21:00 Free
- Room 204, 2/F Admiralty Centre, 18 Harcourt Road, Hong Kong (access via the shopping arcade escalators through Exit A, Admiralty MTR Station)
- Dr. Seen-Meng Chew, Head of Research, FinFabrik Dr. Martin Qiao, Lead Architect for Machine Learning, HSBC
Dr. Seen-Meng Chew, Head of Research, FinFabrik
Dr. Chew is the Head of Research at FinFabrik, a Hong Kong-based financial technology solutions provider that specializes in capital markets. Before his current position, he worked as a senior economist at J.P. Morgan, International Monetary Fund and Morgan Stanley, covering Asia Pacific economies. Prior to returning to Asia, he worked as an economic consultant at NERA Economic Consulting in Chicago, advising multinational corporations on their international pricing strategies. Dr. Chew received a PhD in economics from University of Chicago, an MPhil in economics from University of Cambridge and a BSc in Economics from the London School of Economics.
Dr. Martin Qiao, Lead Architect for Machine Learning, HSBC
Martin is currently the lead architect for Machine Learning Automation at HSBC, responsible for end-to-end solution architecture design and machine learning technology control. He received a PhD in mathematics from Hong Kong Baptist University, majoring in data mining and imaging science. He is highly experienced in applying statistical modelling and machine learning techniques in business problems from various sectors including high-tech industry, luxury retailing, insurance marketing, banking operations, etc.
Why should I attend?
- Gain insights and latest market knowledge on today’s ever-changing business environment from our renowned speakers
- Build up networks with alumni and industry practitioners
- Face-to-face consultation with Edinburgh Napier University and HKU SPACE Programme Leaders
Topic 1: AI in Fintech
Speakers : Dr. Seen-Meng Chew, Head of Research, FinFabrik
The application of artificial intelligence (AI) is shaping the investment sector in the world. Companies in the investment sector are using algorithmic trading to enhance their analytical and trading platform so as to achieve better portfolio management and generate higher returns. Dr. Chew will share his professional experience related to the latest trend and development of AI in Fintech.
Topic 2: Machine Learning in Banking
Speaker : Dr. Martin Qiao, Lead Architect for Machine Learning, HSBC