BusinessInnovation & Entrepreneurship
Innovation & Entrepreneurship
Vision & Mission:
Growing ICE Talents for Knowledge Economy
Innovation & Entrepreneurship (I&E) subject group aims at growing ICE (Innovation, Creativity, Entrepreneurship) talents through knowledge transfer with social and economic impacts for the sustainable development of Hong Kong and the region.
- nurture innovative, creative, and entrepreneurial talents to sustain organizations’ business growth through collaborations to create synergy, reduce risk, and share resources; and
- enable students to gain insight into challenges and opportunities in managing complex innovation projects across boundaries, cultures and generational differences.
- provide students with specialized knowledge in new technologies and the technological requirements for business innovation
- enable executives or entrepreneurs to acquire skills in evaluating the potential of digital innovation and its role in enhancing and sustaining competitive advantages of a business
The programme aims to:
1. Nurture entrepreneurial talents with the right mindsets and skillsets in creating and sustaining successful start-up business by transforming creative ideas into innovative products;
2. Enable students to understand critical elements in formulating a successful start-up business and assess supporting resources and available funding to build, develop, and sustain new business ventures; and
3. Equip students with a set of methodologies to effectively engage financial investors, key customers, and strategic partners in the early stage of start-up development.
This MBA (Master of Businss Administration) preparatory course aims to provide tuition support to students for studying the Global MBA, University of London (UoL).
- lead innovation with clear vision and strategy through conducting B2B market research with applied concepts and framework;
- manage innovation with in-depth market insights into customer needs, value-in-use, and competition for new product launch;
- apply B2B marketing skills to link R&D with markets, support knowledge exchange, and build strategic partnerships for new markets;
- analyze challenges and opportunities for cross sector innovation with economic and social impacts.