HSK Level 1
- Course Code
- Application Code
- Study mode
- Start Date
- 01 Dec 2019 (Sun)
- 1 hour
- Chinese (Exam instruction complemented with English)
- Course Fee
- HK$260 (Exam Fee $200 + Postage Fee $60)
Exam Date: 01 Dec 2019 (Sun)
Venue: HKU SPACE Learning Centres (Hong Kong Island-side)
Application Deadline: 18 Oct 2019 (Fri)
Please note that a distinct email is required for each applicant as the email address serves as the login name for HSK online system (chinesetest.cn).
HSK Level 1 corresponds to the Level One of the Chinese Language Proficiency Scales for Speakers of Other Languages and the A1 Level of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages. It consists of 40 listening and reading questions. It is for candidates who possess knowledge of 150 commonly used Chinese characters and understand the corresponding grammatical structure.
The Chinese Proficiency Test (HSK), operated by the Chinese Testing International (wholly-owned by Hanban/Confucius Institute Headquarters, a non-governmental public institution affiliated with the Ministry of Education of the People’s Republic of China), is a national standardized test to assess the Chinese language proficiency of non-native speakers.
The HSK Level 1 would be most suitable for students who in the past six months have attended Chinese classes not less than 2-3 hours per week, having a basic vocabulary of 150 Chinese characters and understand the corresponding grammatical structure.
|Test Contents||Item Numbers||Test Duration|
|Listening||20||About 15 minutes|
|Filling in answer sheet||/||3 minutes|
|Total||40||About 40 minutes|
Note: Only paper-based test is offered. The test is conducted in Simplified Chinese.
For more details, please visit:
Coming HSK Level 1
Date: 1 December 2019 (Sunday)
Start Time: 1:30 pm (Please arrive 30 minutes before the start time)
Venue: Hong Kong side HKU SPACE Learning Centre (to be confirmed)
**Application Deadline: 18 Oct 2019 (Friday)
HSK Admission Ticket
Admission ticket and relevant documents will be sent to candidates by surface mail about two weeks before HSK test date.
Please contact our office at firstname.lastname@example.org with your full name and identification document numbers if you do not receive your admission ticket by the above date.
Applicants are required to ensure that all application information provided is accurate and updated for the timely postal delivery of all exam-related documents. The school will not be responsible for any loss of exam-related documents delivered by mail.
Collection of HSK Score Report
The HSK Score Report will be sent to candidates by registered mail about two months after the test date.
Please ensure your mailing address has a proxy who can sign for the collection of the registered mail during day-time.
1. We reserve the right to reject incomplete application.
2. Late application is strictly not accepted.
3. Unless if the test is cancelled, fees paid are not refundable.
4. Places are limited, on a first-come, first-served basis.
For HSK 2019 Schedule, please visit:
|HSK Level 1||-|
|Start Date||01 Dec 2019 (Sun)|
Days / Time
- Sunday, 1:30pm - 2:30pm
- HK$260 (Exam Fee $200 + Postage Fee $60)
Documents Required for Enrolment
- A completed Enrolment Form SF26 [Enrolment Form SF26 can be obtained from HKU SPACE website or HKU SPACE enrolment centres.];
- A white background passport-sized photo for the use of admission ticket and score report
- HKID/Passport copy
- Consent form signed by parents (for under-aged applicants, please download the form from this webpage)
- Payment for exam fee by any of the following methods:
In person: Cash / EPS / VISA or Master Card / Crossed cheque / Banker’s draft
By post: Crossed cheque / Banker’s draft (Payable to “HKU SPACE”)
By Post / In Person
Applicants are required to complete the Application for Enrolment Form SF26. Either take or post the completed form, along with the appropriate exam fee, one passport-sized photo, HKID/passport copy and parent consent form (for under-aged applicants), to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres.Payment Method
1. Cash or EPS
Exam fees can be paid by cash or EPS at any HKU SPACE enrolment centres.
2. Cheque or bank draft
Exam fees can also be paid by crossed cheque or bank draft made payable to “HKU SPACE”. Please specify the test title(s) for application and applicant’s name. You may either:
- bring the completed form(s), together with the appropriate exam fees in the form of a cheque, one passport-sized photo, HKID/passport copy and parent consent form (for under-aged applicants) to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres;
- or mail the above documents to any HKU SPACE enrolment centres, specifying “HSK Test Application” on the envelope. HKU SPACE will not be responsible for any loss of payment sent by mail.
Applicants may also pay the exam fee by VISA or MasterCard, including the “HKU SPACE MasterCard”, at any HKU SPACE enrolment centres.
- Applicants may be required to pay the exam fee in cash or by EPS, Visa or MasterCard if the test is to start shortly.
- Fees paid are not refundable except under very exceptional circumstances (e.g. test cancellation due to insufficient enrolment), subject to the School’s discretion. In exceptional cases where a refund is approved, fees paid by cash, EPS, cheque or PPS (for online payment only) will normally be reimbursed by a cheque, and fees paid by credit card will normally be reimbursed to the payment cardholder’s credit card account.
- In addition to the published fees, there may be additional costs associated with individual programmes. Please refer to the relevant brochures or direct any enquiries to the relevant programme team for details.
- Receipts will be issued for fees paid but HKU SPACE will not be responsible for any loss of receipt sent by mail.
- For additional copies of receipts, please send a stamped, self-addressed envelope with a completed form and a crossed cheque for HK$30 per copy made payable to ‘HKU SPACE’. Such copies will only normally be issued after the test.
- The School provides a platform for online services for a selected range of products it offers. While every effort is made to ensure timeliness and accuracy of information contained in this website, such information and materials are provided "as is" without express or implied warranty of any kind. In particular, no warranty or assurance regarding non-infringement, security, accuracy, fitness for a purpose or freedom from computer viruses is given in connection with such information and materials.
- The School (and its respective employees and subsidiaries) is not liable for any loss or damage in connection with any online payments made by you by reason of (i) any failure, delay, interruption, suspension or restriction of the transmission of any information or message from any payment gateways of the relevant banks and/or third party merchants for processing credit/debit/smart card or other payment facilitation mechanism; (ii) any negligence, mistake, error in or omission from any information or message transmitted from the said payment gateways; (iii) any breakdown, malfunction or failure of those gateways in effecting online payment service; or (iv) anything arisen out of or in connection with the said payment gateways, including but not limited to unauthorised access to or alternation of the transmission of data or any unlawful act not permitted by the law.