Web Publishing Policies
Policy statement on the HKU SPACE websites
Purposes of the HKU SPACE websites
- Public access to School information: to provide the most up-to-date information about programmes / events / seminars and the work and services of the School. The content is general information for reference only.
- Publicity and promotion: to provide a channel for the School to publicise and promote its programmes, events, seminars and services.
- Administration and learning support services: to handle on-line applications, enrolments, fee payments, library and e-learning services.
- Communication with the Public, Staff and Students: to serve as a gateway for the dissemination of information, collection of feedback and enquiries from the public, full-time and part-time staff as well as students.
- Collection of feedback and statistics: to determine web usage and users' opinions to facilitate understanding of users’ needs for better services.
Information published on the School websites is deemed to be official information about the School.
The School will seek prior permission from the rightful owner when placing any copyrighted works, including weblinks, text, graphics, photographs, and sound and video recordings on the School websites.
By the same token, the School websites are protected by copyright and any attempts to reproduce, link, publish, distribute or exploit materials in them, in whole or in part , including the design elements, look and feel or layout of the website, without prior written permission of the School, will be deemed to have infringed the School's copyright. Any copies of materials made for a permitted purpose will include an acknowledgement that copyright belongs to the HKU SPACE.
Any concerns about content on the School’s websites or copyright infringement should be addressed to our webmaster at email@example.com. Requests to have a hyperlink to a website included or removed should also be addressed to our webmaster at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The HKU SPACE websites are the property of the School. The School will not tolerate any acts of misuse of the websites, infringement of laws, or any attempts to abuse its network or systems or tamper with its normal operation. The School reserves the right to take appropriate legal action against any person who performs, directly or indirectly, such acts. Such persons will also be liable for any loss or damage caused by the prohibited acts.
While every effort is made to ensure the timeliness and accuracy of the information on the School’s websites, no express or implied warranty is given by the School as to the accuracy of the information published, or the proper transmission or display of the information to the intended receivers due to variations in information technology and data transmission standards.
The contents of the School’s websites are subject to change without notice.
Whilst the School will take all reasonable measures to ensure that its websites are available 24 hours a day, the School will not be liable if for any reason these sites are unavailable at any time or for any period. Access to these sites may be suspended temporarily and without notice in circumstances of system failure, maintenance or repair or for reasons beyond the control of the School.
The School does not accept any responsibilities for any direct or indirect loss or damage arising from any cause of use in connection with its websites.
The School is not liable for the content of external weblinks and webpages provided or mentioned in its websites. Nor is it responsible for the content or operation of external websites. References and links to any such sites shall not be taken as an endorsement by the School of opinions expressed or services provided at those sites.
The School may change or revise these policies from time to time, where appropriate. The School reserves the right to take appropriate action under its relevant policies and procedures where breaches occur. These actions are subject to the sole discretion and final determination by the School and users shall raise no objection therein.
Any queries on this policy statement should be addressed to email@example.com.
Last revised in January 2016